#23 Keith Coleman Racing Chevrolt
Event Details: OReilly 300
Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
Saturday, April 8, 2006 3:10 pm (EST)
Qualifying: Thursday, April 6, 2006 7:05 pm (EST)
1.5-mile quad-oval, 200 laps/300 miles
2005 Winner: Kasey Kahne
· Manuel Exclusive will be on board with the #23 Keith Coleman Racing team this week in Texas. Manuel is an upscale clothier that is headquartered in Dallas, Texas known for dressing both country music and Hollywood celebrities. Known for designing the Grateful Dead skulls and crossbones and the Rolling Stones tongue logo.
· The #23 Team will be taking car #9, a new 2006 Chevrolet to Texas.
· Wimmer has one start in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at the Texas Motor Speedway. In 2004, Wimmer started 36th and finished 27th, retiring after 117 of 146 laps due to overheating.
· Wimmer will have to qualify on time for this event. The #23 Keith Coleman Racing team is 45th in owners points, 318 points out of 30th place.
Did you know?
· Wimmer made his Keith Coleman Racing debut at the Texas Motor Speedway in November 2005.
· Wimmer will be competing against older brother Scott in the OReilly 300. This will be the first NASCAR race that the Wimmer brothers will have competed in together.
· Wimmers Uncle Brad is attending the race at Texas. He used to help me a lot with my ASA team. He was my free help.
· Wimmer will be attending the Stockyards Championship Rodeo at the Cowtown Coliseum in Fort Worth , Texas on Friday night.
Wimmer on the Texas Motor Speedway:
Texas is a really cool track. It reminds me a lot of Atlanta. Were taking a new car, an 06. So, itll be interesting to see how it reacts, how it drives. Practice will be key on Thursday to really shake it out.
As a track, it is one that really awes me. It is really neat to stand down in the infield and look around at the stands. And the nightlife [at the TMS] is pretty neat too.
Wimmer on what the team learned at Atlanta and could apply in Texas:
We learned some what not to dos. We went to Atlanta with a conservative set-up. Weve made some changes on this car that we are anxious to try out. If we have to, we can always fall back to the Atlanta set-up.
|The Wimmer File:Hometown: Wausau, Wisc. Hobbies: Fishing and Hunting Resides: Eddyville, Ky. Favorite food: ChickenBirthdate: June 23, 1979|
|The crew of the #23 Keith Coleman Racing Chevrolet scrambles to cover the car during the sudden snow storm at the Bristol Motor Speedway.|
|Wimmer poses with a fan at the Morgan-McClure Open House in Abingdon, VA.|
2006 #23 Keith Coleman Racing Chevrolet Crew
Name:Shop Duty:Race Day:Hometown:Chris WimmerFabricator/ShocksDriverWausau, WIRonnie GriffinCrew chiefCrew chief/Rear tire changerWilmington, NCJustin OwenHead FabricatorFront tire changerPossum Trot, KYJake RamageShop Foreman/Parts ManagerCar chief/Front tire carrierPrinceton, KYHal BenderFabricator/MechanicPit supportCastro Valley, CAJohn RisterMechanicJackmanColumbus, OHSteve JenkinsN/ATire specialist/GasmanGaffney, SCChris WilsonPaint/Body2nd Truck driverElkton, KYJamie WittMechanicN/AGray Court, SCBrandon BethelPaint/BodyN/AGreenville, KY