No. 21 Camping World Chevrolet
Event Preview Fact Sheet
Event/Date: Yellow Transportation 300 September 29, 2007
Venue: Kansas Speedway Kansas City, Kan.
Scott Wimmers NASCAR Busch Series Performance History
at Kansas Speedway
DATESTARTFINISHLAPSTOTALSTATUS EARNINGS COMPLETEDLAPS 9/29/20013117199200Running $ 20,320 9/28/20022624199200Running $ 20,195 10/4/200326200200Running $ 36,350 TotalAverageAverageLapsTOTAL EarningsStartsStartFinishCompletedLAPS 27.716.0598600 $ 76,865
· This Weeks Camping World Chevrolet at Kansas Speedway Scott Wimmer will pilot Chassis No. 062 from the Richard Childress Racing (RCR) stable in this weekends Yellow Transportation 300. This is the same No. 21 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Kevin Harvick drove to Victory Lane at Chicagoland Speedway in July. Most recently, Harvick drove this car to a third-place finish at Michigan International Speedway in August after starting eighth. Timothy Peters piloted this chassis in April at Nashville Superspeedway and posted a 32nd-place finish after starting 19th. Additionally, Harvick drove this chassis in the 2006 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway where he started from the pole and finished sixth.
· Stat Facts In three NASCAR Busch Series (NBS) starts at Kansas Speedway, Wimmer has one top-five finish and has led 3 laps.
· RCR atKansas In 15 NBS starts at the 1.5-mile D-shaped oval, RCR has earned one win (Kevin Harvick, September 2006), five top-five and six top-10 finishes. RCR cars have also led 69 laps in the Sunflower State.
· Pretty Strong for a Part-Timer Despite competing in just 19 of the 29 NBS events to date in 2007, Wimmer sits 14th in the drivers point standings. The Wausau, Wis., native has posted six top-five and 12 top-10 finishes and led 135 laps. The 31-year-old driver notched his first Busch Series pole at Gateway in July behind the wheel of the No. 29 Holiday Inn Chevrolet.
· RCR Busch Brigade In 29 NBS races this season, RCR has claimed 10 victories with the most recent coming at California Speedway with Burton. Clint Bowyer has two wins, Burton has three and Harvick leads the way with five. Additionally, the three RCR Busch teams (No. 2, No. 21 and No. 29) have a total of 34 top-five and 49 top-10 finishes while leading 1,198 laps.
· Leading the Way in Owner Wins RCR leads the Busch Series with 10 wins the most recent coming Labor Day weekend at California Speedway with Burton.
· Points Report RCRs No. 21 team is currently fourth in the NBS Owners Point standings. Despite fielding cars for six different drivers including Tim McCreadie, Harvick, Wimmer, Bowyer, PJ Jones and Peters, the AutoZone Chevy is 141 points behind Joe Gibbs Racings No. 20 entry and 225 back of RCRs No. 29 Holiday Inn Chevrolet. Roush-Fenway Racings No. 60 machine currently leads the owners standings by a 39-point margin.
· Catch the Action The Yellow Transportation 300 at Kansas Speedway will be televised live on ESPN2 on Saturday, September 29 beginning at 3 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). The race will also be broadcast live on MRN and Sirius Satellite Radio. Qualifying for the 30th of 35 races on the 2007 Busch Series calendar will air live on SPEED the same day beginning at 11 a.m. EDT.
SCOTT WIMMER QUOTES:
It has been four years since you last ran a Busch Series race at Kansas. Does that present any challenges?
It does a little bit. I ran the Cup Series race there two years ago but the Cup and Busch Series cars are a little bit different. Fortunately, I am going back with a great team. I am excited to be back in the No. 21 car and working with Shane (Wilson). It has been a little while since I have worked with them. I qualified a Cup car really well the last time I was in Kansas and hopefully we can have a great weekend for Camping World.
How would you describe Kansas Speedway?
Kansas is pretty unique. It is built like a lot of the other mile-and-a-half tracks but it has its own characteristics. It has a dog leg down the front straightaway but the corners are a lot different than most of the places that we go to. It is starting to get its own identity. It was wide open right on the bottom the first time that we went there. The asphalt is wearing out and it is starting to get some bumps and it is making for better racing. We are now seeing more two- and three-wide racing in the last year or so. It may look like the other mile-and-a-half tracks but it races a lot different. Hopefully we can get our Camping World Chevrolet set up for a long run.
NO. 21 CHEVROLET 2007 NASCAR BUSCH SERIES RACE RESULTS
DateLocation/DriverStartFinishLaps CompletedTotal LapsStatusWinnings2/17/2007Daytona/Harvick31120120Running$116,200 2/24/2007Fontana/Peters2817150150Running$33,110 3/4/2007Mexico City/Jones10248282Running$49,125 3/10/2007Las Vegas/Harvick200200Running$39,050 3/17/2007Atlanta/Harvick12195195Running$42,800 3/24/2007Bristol/Peters2625292300Running$24,250 4/7/2007Nashville/Peters1932167225Running$21,125 4/14/2007Texas/Peters304117200Accident$27,095 4/20/2007Phoenix/Peters2913200200Running$27,175 4/28/2007Talladega/Harvick25120120Running$30,200 5/4/2007Richmond/Wimmer1910250250Running$35,905 5/11/2007Darlington/Harvick2110147147Running$27,005 5/26/2007Charlotte/Wimmer200200Running$37,131 6/2/2007Dover/Wimmer200200Running$40,750 6/9/2007Nashville/Peters20223225Running$24,075 6/16/2007Kentucky/Peters2317200200Running$27,500 6/23/2007Milwaukee/McCreadie2428241250Running$22,500 6/30/2007New Hampshire/Harvick200200Running$55,250 7/6/2007Daytona/Harvick102102Running$69,700 7/14/2007Chicago/Harvick200200Running$86,400 7/21/2007St. Louis/McCreadie2214200200Running$32,140 7/28/2007Indianapolis/McCreadie1712200200Running$21,100 8/4/2007Montreal/Harvick427575Running$109,450 8/11/2007Watkins Glen/Harvick118282Running$52,125 8/18/2007Michigan/Harvick125125Running$28,025 8/24/2005Bristol/Wimmer25250250Running$32,375 9/1/2007California/Bowyer150150Running$40,875 9/7/2007Richmond/McCreadie3532249252Running$22,260 9/22/2007Dover/McCreadie3424196200Running$22,675 Totals/Averages2917.9312.624,9315,300 $1,197,371